A popular brand in the noble sense of the term aimed resolutely at providing comfort for all, Citroën is presenting SEETROËN, the first glasses to do away with motion sickness. While unable to prevent high tides or traffic jams, they do provide a solution for this widespread complaint (also known as kinetosis) that affects over 30 million Europeans in a chronic manner. One in three people experience motion sickness symptoms at least once in their life.
Having learned of a solution initially developed for sailors, Citroën decided to extend its use to the general public – on boats as well as in cars and buses and on planes – by creating the SEETROËN glasses.
- SEETROËN glasses use Boarding RingTM technology developed by the start-up of the same name based in the Var in the south of France. The patented and tested paramedical solution has an efficacy rating of 95%.
- Equipped with moving liquid in the rings around the eyes, both along the frontal axis (right/left) and sagittal axis (front/back), the glasses recreate the horizon line to resolve the conflict between the senses that causes the affliction.
So how do they work exactly?
- Put on the glasses as soon as you experience the initial symptoms.
- After 10 to 12 minutes, the glasses enable the mind to resynchronise with the movement perceived by the inner ear while the eyes were focused on an immobile object such as a smartphone or a book.
- Take the glasses off and enjoy the rest of your journey.
The glasses are glassless, so they can be shared by all the family and travelling companions. They can also be worn over other glasses.
SEETROËN glasses are on sale on July 5th at the price of €99 on the Brand’s lifestyle webstore: https://lifestyle.citroen.com/
Watch a video on the glasses: https://youtu.be/rjqv8A5mFBA